- There is no videotaping or photography allowed in the theatre, before, during or after the performance.
- Cellphones, pagers and any noisemakers must be silenced. Anyone using one will be asked to momentarily leave the performance.
- No smoking in the theatre or restrooms, this includes electronic cigarettes.
- For safety purposes anyone using a walker is asked to place it along the side of the house behind the beam closest to the patron for the duration of the performance.
- Please keep conversation to a minimum.
- Aisles must be kept free from any obstructions. All coats and packages that are not checked should be placed under your seat or in your lap.
- The usher staff is here to assist you. If you experience any discomfort or have any concerns during a performance, please notify the nearest usher for assistance.
Our Commitment to Safety
The safety and comfort of visitors, volunteers, artists, and staff at the Uptown! Knauer Performing Arts Center are of paramount importance. In the event of an emergency, audience members will be advised of appropriate procedures by usher and the House Manager.
Please take note of the exit nearest you. A red, illuminated EXIT sign should be visible, with an arrow indicating the direction of an exit door. Should an emergency arise, you will be directed to leave the auditorium and further instructions will be provided as to the safest and quickest way to leave the building. Patrons who need special assistance should contact an usher.