- West Chester is highly walkable and there is ample parking throughout the neighborhood.
- The surrounding residential neighborhood offers free, metered and permit-restricted parking. Watch for posted times and sticker requirements.
- The side street to our building is Patton Alley and there is surface parking available from both Patton Alley (two-way street) and from Chestnut Street. Parking is by the hour depending on the time of day, and you pay at the kiosk on Chestnut Street near the entrance to the lot. Or, download the Flowbird parking app, and use Lot 10 as your destination.
- The most convenient place for garage parking is on the upper levels of the Chestnut Street Garage at 14 E. Chestnut Street (the covered ground floor is metered short-term parking). You will never get a parking ticket on the upper levels of the garage!
- Uptown does not offer private parking on-site with the exception of accessible parking. These spots are adjacent to the building and you enter from Patton Alley. There is an outdoor lift adjacent to the accessible parking spots. For information on our accessible services, please call the Box Office in advance of your performance:
additional detailed information
The closest public parking for Uptown! Knauer Performing Arts Center is the Chestnut Street Garage at 14 East Chestnut Street. Click here for more information.
From there, it is a two-block walk to Uptown!
Two-hour parking is available in the short term parking area on the ground floor. You will pay when you park at the lower level kiosk.
Upper Level Garage hours and rates are posted. You will receive a parking stub when you enter, and pay when you leave. Many business and restaurants validate your garage ticket with purchase, so take it with you.
Chestnut St. Garage
Metered parking is available on-street and in several parking lots. Meters take quarters and credit cards or you can pay using the passport parking app. Metered parking is enforced Monday through Friday and beginning at 5pm on Saturday. Once the time on the meter has expired, parked cars are subject to a parking ticket. Parking on Sunday is free.
- Parking in the Justice Center Parking Garage is free after 5pm Friday through Sunday.
- There is free street parking on several area streets; please read all signs.
- Handicapped parking is available in the lot adjacent to the building.
Alternative parking information can be found at the West Chester Business Improvement District’s website.